The Challenge: Walk, Jog, or Run a 5k (3.1 miles) by Dec. 17th. You don't have to be ultra fit to do this. You can walk your dog, walk around a track, sign up for a local 5k that is fundraising for cancer awareness, etc. If you go longer than 3.1 miles, you can use that as well. You may complete multiple attempts and submit your best time. The point is to go out, get moving so you can enjoy the benefits healthy activities.
Awards: There will be 3 trophies awarded. More importantly, bragging rights will be a natural consequence division-wide participation.
- Award 1-best participation rate for the division/office
- Award 2-fastest times
- Award 3-most community involvement (if you participate in a 5k that is raising money for a good cause)
How to Receive Credit for Your Participation: Below you will find a document where you can complete with all the information you need. In short, if you participate in a community event, simply write the link to the results in the appropriate space and we can verify your participation that way. If you are going the distance on your own, you can download an app to your phone that will keep track of your distance and pace and write in the link to that file in the adequate spot (Strava or MapMyRun are the two I recommend-both are free). If you don't have access to either of those, simply get a witness to sign your form and submit your time. Most importantly, you need to keep track of your time.
Teams have been divided up with the hopes that there is no overlap in personnel who may be serving in multiple areas. If that is the case, please select one and stick with it.
- Team 1- Humanities Division
- Team 2-Mathematics Division
- Team 3-Division of Social Sciences, Business, and Education
- Team 4-Division of Natural Sciences, Physical Education and Athletics
- Team 5-Nursing and Dental Hygiene
- Team 6-Campus Safety, Physical Plant, Information Technologies, Library
- Team 7-Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions, Advising, Business Office, Tutorial
- Team 8-Academic Affairs, Continuing Ed, Presidents Office, Budget, Procurement, Student Life and Affairs
If you have any questions, please contact Scott Flynn, email@example.com